These are the upcoming events in aid of KWWSPCA. If you would like to help out at a future event or to organise a fundraiser or other event for KWWSPCA please contact us
KWWSPCA SHELTER OPEN DAY
Sunday 19 August 12.00 – 4.00 at the KWWSPCA Animal Shelter near Athgarvan
A FUN DAY out for all the family. A chance to meet some of the rescue dogs in the care of the KWWSPCA. Noah’s Ark, the KWWSPCA Charity Shop, will have a stall and there will be a Book Stall, a Cake Stall, a Pet Products Stall, a Bottle Stall and a Stall selling Stella and Dot Jewelry. There will be our usual Teddy Adoption Stall and the Memory Tree. The KWWSPCA TNR Group and the KWWSPCA’s Volunteer Animal Welfare Officers will all be attending to give information and advice on animal welfare and general information about the work of the KWWSPCA and Jenny Treanor, of the Dog Treanor, will be there to give advice on dog training and behavior. There will be fun and games for the children. Free parking and free entry. Everyone welcome but please do not bring your own dogs. Light refreshments will be available.
16th KWWSPCA ANNUAL WAG & BONE DOG SHOW
Sunday 2 September. Registration starts at 1.00 and the judging starts at 2.00 in the Parade Ring, Punchestown Racecourse
Every type of dog welcome, especially rescue dogs.
DOG SHOW CLASSES
€5 entry per class – €20 for 5 classes
No dogs under 9 months old to be entered in any class apart from the Puppy Class.
1. Waggiest Tail
2. Girl under 12 with Dog
3. Boy under 12 with Dog
4. Puppy Class – for dogs under 9 months
5. Fanciest Female Dog
6. Handsomest Male Dog
7. Senior Citizen with a Dog
8. Rescue Dog
9. Veteran Dog (9 years or over)
10. Fancy Dress – Dog and Owner
11. The Dog You Would Most Like To Take Home – winners picked by Clapometer
12. KWWSPCA Rescue Dog – this class is restricted to dogs that have been adopted from the KWWSPCA or who are in the care of the KWWSPCA waiting to be adopted.
13. Dog Most Like its Owner
14. Child under 16 with Dog
15. Open Class – for any dog and handler who hasn’t won first, second or third in any of the previous classes.
16. BEST IN SHOW . The winner of each of the above Classes is automatically entered. No charge.
17. High Jump – This will take place after ‘Best in Show’ on the upper grass area. Pay as you enter. €2 entry. There will be one competition for Small Dogs and one for Large Dogs.