The KWWSPCA is run entirely by volunteers, so every euro that we receive goes towards caring for animals. You can really assist us in our work by making a donation. Thank you.
Donate using Debit / Credit Card or Paypal
Alternatively, you can donate directly to our bank account
Account Name: Kildare and West Wicklow Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Bank: Bank of Ireland, Naas, County Kildare
Or you can send a cheque or postal money order
You can send a cheque or postal money order, made out to Kildare & West Wicklow SPCA Ltd to Hon. Treasurer, KWWSPCA, The KWWSPCA Animal Shelter, Oldtown, Athgarvan, Co. Kildare W12 EV60.
Leaving a Legacy Gift in your will
Leaving a legacy gift in your Will is a good way to continue to help save and protect neglected, abused and abandoned animals. If you are an animal lover, like those of us volunteering with the Kildare & West Wicklow Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, such a gift shows that you care deeply about the welfare of all animals who are voiceless and need our help the most.
All the work done by the Society, including our Animal Welfare work, the running of our Animal Shelter and the operation of our Charity Shop, Noah’s Ark, in Newbridge, is done on a voluntary basis, there are no paid employees. This means that most of the money you leave to the KWWSPCA will go directly to helping animals in need.
Leaving a gift in your will to the KWWSPCA is a very personal and important decision and we strongly advise that you speak to a Solicitor about this to ensure that your wishes will be carried out as you intend. You will need to provide your Solicitor with the following details:
Name of the Charity: Kildare & West Wicklow Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Ltd
Registered Address: Mullinsella, Calverstown, Kilcullen, Co Kildare R56 C919
Registered Charity Number: CHY 6280
If you have already made your Will and now decide that you would like to leave a gift to the KWWSPCA, you can make a codicil or an addition to your original will. Your Solicitor can advise on how this is done.
The different types of legacy gifts
- Pecuniary Gift – this is a gift of a specific amount of money in your Will. Any gift amount, however small, is extremely valuable to the KWWSPCA to help ensure it can continue to care for animals in need.
- Residuary Gift – this is what is remaining of the assets in your estate once you have looked after your family and loved ones, fulfilled all promises to other beneficiaries and any debts are paid. By leaving any residual in your estate to the KWWSPCA, you are helping provide valuable funds to support its work.
- Specific Item – this is a gift of a specific item and can be property, stocks, shares, jewellery or artwork, proceeds of a life insurance policy or any other items of value that can be used to help raise funds for the KWWSPCA.
If you would like more information or some help, please call 087 6803295 or email email@example.com.
Donate to our Shop, Noah’s Ark
Noah’s Ark, the KWWSPCA’s Charity Shop in Newbridge sells a wide range of products including ladies clothes and accessories, unwanted presents, bric a brac, jewellery, books, small household items and small items of furniture.
Because we do not have much storage space at the Shop, we can only take in small amounts of donations at any one time. If you have a lot of items to donate, or large items, please call 086 3413017 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for the items to be collected or delivered to the KWWSPCA Shelter.
Please not that we cannot take in electrical items, bedding and children’s toys unless new. Please also do not give us anything that is dirty or broken.
Donate to our Shelter
We greatly appreciate donations of the following items to our animal shelter in Athgarvan.
- Canned food (for cats and dogs).
- Gain Maintenance dried dog food (we keep all dogs on Gain so no other dry food is required).
- Dried food for cats and cat litter
- Leads, collars and harnesses.
- Vet bedding and plastic dog beds.
- Dog crates and cat carriers
- Dog and cat toys and treats.
See our animal shelter page for a map and directions to the shelter.